Friday, June 5, 2009

Almost There..

I got a lot of work done yesterday and today.

Yesterday I put back on my original driverside door. I was never happy with the way the SI door fit on my car, so I put back on my original door with the dent on the lower panel. The SI door also had a few long dents which seemed like they would be harder to repair and smoothen out. I then gutted both driverside and passengerside doors and removed the wire harnesses, windows, window motors and exterior door handles.

Today I started by hammering the frame in the front wheel wells. The part where the frame is welded together has a strip that hangs down and cuts up the tires. I used a sledge hammer to hammer this piece flat to give me approximately 1/3" more clearance. Next I drained the brake fluid at each caliper. This allowed me to remove the brake lines, without having a brake fluid mess. I removed all the brake lines, master cylinder, and pedals from the chassis. I then removed the battery, all the power lines, and the kill switch. The engine bay is looking very empty now.

Hammered up for more clearance..


Uninstalled brake lines..


Uninstalled pedal assembly..


Empty engine bay..

No comments:

Post a Comment