Saturday, February 6, 2010

Front End..

I was suppossed to get my glass put in today, but the glass guys didn't realize that I needed the front windshield molding. I assumed the windshield came with a new molding, but I guess not, as it is a $60 option. So they are gonna come back and do the glass tomorrow.

I then decided to install the front end. I trimmed the fender lips to give the wheels as much clearance as possible. Unfortunately, I screwed up and some how chipped off a chunk of fiberglass on the bottom corner. I'm not exactly sure what I am going to do about that yet, but I'll see what Franklin Autobody can do about it. I was pretty pissed at myself for that one, but at least it's on the lower corner. I then installed my fenders, headlights, front bumper and side skirts. I did the best I could to align them, and am pretty happy with it. Now that the fenders are bolted on and installed, it appears that the wheels/tires might clear the fenders, so I'll give it a shot before going back to OEM fenders.

I also installed a few lights on my cluster. I mounted a pair of turn signal lights (green) and a low fuel light (orange). I used a test light to determine the outputs for the low fuel light, and decided that it would be a great warning light to install, since I don't have a fuel level gauge. **EDIT: I tried wiring up the low fuel light, but it wasn't working, due to the signal always having a voltage reading. So I decided to use that light as a check engine light instead.

Chipped fender..


Wheel to fender clearance..


Testing HID's..


Great teaser shot..


Side skirts and taillights installed..


Don't mind the license plate, just trying to keep it as legal as possible..


Warning lights installed under the MXL..

No comments:

Post a Comment