Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Installation..

Yesterday I picked up my front subframe from Franklin Autobody, as they repainted it matte black, due to overspray. Having the front subframe back allows me to assemble and install the front suspension and brakes. I first installed the steering rack back onto the subframe. Next I installed the subframe/steering rack to the car, along with the Wicked spherical lower control arms, the sway bar, the Koni 3011's, the JUN camber kit, the EK9 knuckles with J's Racing RCA's, the cryostop rotors, and the Endless calipers. Installs didn't go smoothly today, but everything eventually got accomplished. The JUN camber kit must be the hardest camber kit to adjust, due to the design and the parts included; however, it will NEVER slip. To adjust it, you have to remove the camber kit, loosen the lock nuts, spin in/out the spherical bearings, then reinstall, while putting spacers on each side of each spherical bearing, PITA.. Finally installed the steering column, since the steering rack was in.

Matte black front subframe..


Subframe installed..


Steering column installed..


Passengerside front suspension..


Driverside front suspension..


Test fitted the TE37s..




No comments:

Post a Comment