Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Installation..

Not much progress lately, I had a rough installation weekend. My door panels were being a pain in the ass, because the armrest are having clearance issues with the roll cage door bars. No matter how much I try to melt the armrest insert on the passengerside, it keeps wanting to pop off once I close the door.

Another issue I had this weekend was fitting the fenders. I realized that it is gonna be a VERY tight fit for my TE37's under the J's Racing wide fenders. I am afraid that one hit of the tires against the fenders will crack the fenders. So I dropped off my OEM metal fenders to Franklin Auto Body today to get painted. Rolled and hand pulled, those OEM fenders provide more clearance than the J's Racing wide fenders, go figure.

Today I installed the rest of my interior tid bits. I installed my Zoom Racing rear view mirror, and I love the way it looks. I also finished up alarm and mounted the antenna and proximity sensor. I then wired up a kill switch, and wired up a fan switch.

I trimmed the door panel pockets to clear the roll cage door bars..




Lower panel installed..


Switch panel installed, had to trim the side to clear the door bars. Coin pocket is now useless..


Carbon fiber Zoom Monaco rear view mirror..


No comments:

Post a Comment